Do you know it’s only been two days since I drank a couple glasses of wine and started to build“The Indy List?” Well it has been, and the response has been so positive from designs and crafters alike. I am so glad I am able to put together this resource for people.
Many of you have generously tipped me while I started building this list. I want you to know where those tips are going toward and why.
Because of my experience on YouTube, I knew at some point “The Indy List” would require a need that that love and effort cannot fulfill.
And, sure enough, it has. When I started this blog on Weebly it was because I hated Blogger. In High School I was the Editor in Chief for the school newspaper. Anyone who reads my tweets knows I didn’t earn that position with proofreading. Nope. My skill was writing and layout. (I want to put text and photos where I want them, damn it!) Weebly gave me that ability with their free website builder. No coding skills needed. Perfect.
Before AdSense is set up, I will have to commit to upgrading my site to a paid plan. Switching to a paid plan will not only get a unique domain name, it will help me add better searchability to the “The Indy List.”
Thanks to your generosity, I am 29% of the way to getting the paid plan fully funded for the year. I am so incredibly grateful to all of you. And I am working to live up to the faith you have placed in me to get this done, and get this done well.
Many Ways to Offer Support
- Visit this “Indy Site” regularly for updates to the list and check out the Designers work. Ultimately I was inspired to star this project to connect Indy Designers and Crafters looking for each other outside of Ravelry.
- Subscribe to my YouTube Channel. Currently my videos focus on my love of knitting offering my tips, tricks, opinion and preferences, and every Sunday I Livestream at 11:00 am PDT to talk about … you guessed it knitting.
- Subscribe to my Newsletter. The sign up form is at the bottom of every page of the site. When you do I will send you a free knitting pattern and you will receive occasional updates on what’s happening with all things Carrie CraftGeek.
- Favorite and shop my Etsy Shop. Currently I am selling handmade Fashion Facemasks, but I do want to start offering original handmade jewelry as well.
- Follow me on all my social media: